Friday, July 12, 2013

Who knew not working would be so much work

A peaceful evening out hiking

Ok so it's been a bit since my last update which seems inexcusable since I stopped working two weeks ago.  On the contrary I say, the last two weeks have been extremely busy.  The first week was spent entirely researching potential honeymoon destinations (I carefully looked at over 150+ hotels all over the Caribbean).  We haven't booked our place yet but we're pretty sure we know where we want to go.  It's on a small island off the coast of Cancun, Mexico.  It has all the beauty of the Mexican Riviera and none of the supersized hotels, drunken idiots and danger.  It's quiet, on the beach, small and it has an awesome two-person jacuzzi on the balcony facing the Caribbean Sea.  They even provide transportation from the airport to the island and back for free.  In short, it's our kind of place!

Out for a hike with our closest friends on the island, Matt and Yun Jung.  And fyi, he's 5 years younger than me.  I know, I didn't believe it either when he first told me.

It was a lovely twilight

This last week has been devoted to wrapping up loose ends.  I got both Vicky and I visa extensions so we can stay until our lease expires and our flight leaves.  Today I got 4 moles removed from my back because it's incredibly cheap to do it here ($80 for all 4) and because we wanted to make sure they were harmless and not a sign of skin cancer (an unlikely possibility but it never hurts to be safe).  We've also started reserving our hotels in Europe so we don't show up and get stuck trying to decide between the smelly room, the room with no AC or the 3am party room.

Vicky was very excited to finally be taller than me

And so ends another lovely Jeju summer day (where was this sky all winter??)

Oh and the last couple days of school were fine.  Most of the kids were sad to see me go (one of the little boys was extra cute.  His name is Phillip.  He's an extremely smart 2nd grader.  For my last two days he followed me around between classes and kept saying "I'm sad.  You go.  I'm sad.").

This is him

On my last day I got paid everything I was owed (always a bit of a concern when dealing with private schools).  So now I'm working my way down a HUGE to-do list before we go.  Fortunately, I'm making good progress.  By the end of next week, I might have it down to 20 things left to do.

For now, enjoy another pretty picture of Jeju and I promise the next update will come sooner.

From time to time I'm awake at sunrise and this is what I see

No comments:

Post a Comment