Monday, June 17, 2013

Hiking Jeju Olle Trail 7 (or "about time the weather let us actually enjoy our island!")

The beginning of Olle 7. 

Last time I mentioned that I was going to look into the possibility of getting LASIK here.  After a couple appointments, I decided to wait to have LASIK done until we've moved to Taiwan (our probable next destination).  Since I would be having vision correction surgery for the second time, they wanted to do a procedure called LASEK which has a longer recovery time than LASIK and is a little more expensive.  I decided to wait mainly because I'd like to be able to go for followup visits and be close in case a touchup treatment is needed.  I doubt either is necessary but with my eyes, I'm taking no chances.

In the mean time, as some of you Eagle-eyed observers might have noticed in the photo above, I've started wearing glasses sometimes to help improve my distance vision.  They work well and are very cheap and easy to get here.

If you're curious about the picture above, we went out last Thursday (a holiday in Korea) and hiked the most famous Olle Trail on Jeju, Olle #7.  Parts of it are boring, flat walks through towns.  And the rest of it isn't much better, as you can tell from the pictures below.

See what I mean?  Boring huh?

Yawn

We were hoping it would get better at the end.  As you can see, it didn't.

Ok so maybe it wasn't so bad.  We went with our good friend EJ and her secret boyfriend Charles (which was interesting since he speaks absolutely no English).  The trail covered around 12 miles, almost 15 counting the walks to and from the bus.  We were sore, tired, starving and happy at the end.

Charles and EJ

A little hazy but I wasn't complaining about the view

Without a doubt, the highlight for the girls was meeting a small puppy along the walk. I'll let the pictures explain.

All together now ladies.....  AAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!


Now i'm excited because I have less than two weeks left.  And once I'm done ... I've got a month and a half of holiday on Korea's most popular vacation island.  I intend to use it well.

Part of the time will be devoted to selling our stuff, getting the details of our trip finalized, doing prep work for the wedding, researching possible investments, getting ready to leave and other tasks.  But a bigger part of that time will be devoted to kicking back, relaxing, practicing my photography and golf, going to the beach and otherwise just enjoying the heck out of life.

Safe to say, I can't wait!

Our last view of Olle #7

No comments:

Post a Comment