Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring!!!!!

Easter Market in Old Town Square

Today we begin with the most exciting news. Its finally Spring!!! I know this may not sound like a big deal to all my southern friends but when its been in the teens and 20s with constant cloud cover for 3 months straight, temperatures in the 50s are like heaven on earth. I've been outside every spare minute this week basking in the warm sun.

Part of the view from Letna Park


And the good news keeps coming. In a week and a half two of my best friends, Daniel and Amanda, are coming to visit for two weeks. I'll be showing them around Prague for a few days and then we're going to take a mini-vacation to Salzburg in Austria and Munich and Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Not only do I get to hang out with great friends, I also get to go to a place I've always wanted to visit (Salzburg. I've wanted to go ever since I saw the Sound of Music) and to a place I dearly love (Neuschwanstein) :D

(from the left: Michal, Pavla, Susan, Jana)

Now for another edition of "Meet my students". This time we have my group from Staropramen, a big Czech brewery. This is my most advanced group. They've all lived in English-speaking countries before, so our lessons focus on improving their vocabulary and helping them maintain their already considerable English skills. I really enjoy this group because their skill level gives me far more freedom to try interesting teaching techniques. I can show more videos, try more activities and push them not just to speak English but to think analytically in it (not an easy thing to do in your second language). They are all talkative, friendly and a pleasure to teach.

To end, I have a picture for my soon-to-be-visiting friends. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment