Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wow, and I thought grad school was challenging

First let me preface this short post by saying that I think this city is indescribably fascinating and it looks like I'm going to stay here at least a year. That said, right now I'm working like i'm enrolled in med and law schools simultaneously! 14 to 16 hour days are quickly becoming the norm.

Fortunately there is a light at the end of the work! Once we graduate this program, hopefully Tim and I will both have jobs and we'll be able to take some R&R for a week or so. For now, we work hard and relax harder :D

Also, if anyone has any tips for staying sane through absurd workloads, I'd love to hear them. Remember, sarcasm is always welcome (quod erat demonstrandum!)


PS. For those of you who like pictures, here is one of the Old New Synagogue in the Jewish Quarter of Prague. This is the oldest active synagogue in Europe (it was built in 1270).

No comments:

Post a Comment