Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's life without challenges?

Sometimes in life you need someone or something to push you, to help you find out what you can really do. This TEFL course has done that for me. This is one of the most challenging things I've ever done and I LOVE IT!! The city is breath-taking, the weather is gorgeous and the food is good and cheap. It has all combined to make a wonderful experience so far.

Sunday was great. I was able to find a couple free hours to visit the Prague Castle and St. Vitus's Cathedral inside it. The castle of lovely but the Cathedral was beyond words. It was on par with Notre Dame and I don't say that lightly. I put up a couple of my favorite pictures below and a bunch more if you click here.

For now, I'm going to do a 1 on 1 lesson with a student and then I don't have to teach again until next Tuesday! Which means that I get to take a huge break (2 hours max) and then get right back to looking for a job, analyzing the 1 on 1 lesson and preparing for next week. lol, such is life for the moment. But right now, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Luke

PS. I did manage to find Dr. Pepper here (although it tastes a little weird) but its still DP!!!! And don't forget to click on the pictures to make them bigger


2 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures. I especially like the one over the tops of the buildings.

    So, with your teaching, how is this working? Are you in class learning how to teach or are you actually teaching people? Are you not in class all day?

    As far the DP goes, it probably doesn't have corn syrup. That's what we discovered about Coke in Singapore and the other asian countries. I actually liked Coke in Asia because they used cane sugar instead of corn syrup. Could be what's messing your taste up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke - check the can of Dr Pepper for ingredients. More than likely it's made with real sugar, not high fructose corn syrup as it is in the US. We had the same experience in Asia. Actually, once you adjust to it, you'll realize that most US soft drinks TASTE like corn syrup. When you come back, you'll probably find you prefer the taste "over there". That's the ORIGINAL taste of both DP and Coke. The flavor changed when they switched from sugar to cheaper corn syrup. Give me DP or Coke with real sugar ANY time! = Uncle Larry

    ReplyDelete